Coconutty Banana Bread
Gluten free, refined sugar free banana bread made with high fibre coconut flour.
- 4 medjool dates (55g)
- 60ml coconut oil
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 40g sunflower seeds
- 4 bananas
- 6 eggs
- 70g coconut flour
- 20g chia seeds
- 1tbsp Nutraorganics Acai berry blend (optional)
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees celcius. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients apart from coconut flour and chia seeds into a food processor. If using a thermomix, mix on speed 6 for 20 seconds, scrape down and mix again on speed 5 for 10 seconds, until you are left with a smooth mixture. It will be quite runny at this stage.
- Add in the coconut flour and chia seeds and acai berry blend if using. Mix on speed 3 for 5 seconds to combine. Leave for 10 minutes to absorb the liquid.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cooked through. Serve warm with butter, delicious toasted.
Inspired by Teresa Cutter, The Healthy Chef.[br]https://www.thehealthychef.com/2013/07/banana-chia-coconut-bread/