Goji Berry Bliss Balls
Today I'm sharing a couple of school snack recipes as well as a lunch idea. The first are Goji berry bliss balls, nut free, so can be sent to school, a great energy boost without refined sugar. Today's afternoon treat! Happy to say the kids love these ones!! Goji Berry Bliss Balls
- 2 handfuls dried organic goji berries, soaked in water for 5-10 minutes
- 2 handfuls fresh Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 handful organic sulphite free dried fruit (I used apple)
- 1 handful cacao nibs
- 1 handful sunflower seeds (or use nuts if not for school, pecans are good)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp unrefined sweetener of choice (I used coconut nectar)
- 1 tbsp Superfoods for Kidz Berry Choc Chunk
- 1 tbsp linseeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Organic desiccated coconut, to roll the balls in at the end
- Drain the goji berries and put into Thermomix or high powered food processor. Add the dates and dried fruit. Process for about 20 seconds or until finely chopped. (20 seconds on speed 6 TMX).
- Add the remaining ingredients and process for a few seconds until the nuts are chopped but still in chunks, and the mixture has come together. (10 seconds reverse speed 2 TMX).
- With wet hands roll the mixture into 12 balls, then roll in coconut.
- Store in the fridge.