- 1kg potatoes
- 250ml milk or milk/water
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 400g brown lentils ( soaked & cooked or use a can)
- 2 tins 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups mixed veges (peas, corn, carrot, broccoli or whatever’s in the fridge/freezer)
- Coconut oil
- Herbamare Sea Salt
- 1 cup grated cheese (optional)
- Peel & chop potatoes. Boil in salted water until cooked, or follow thermomix instructions. Mash with milk & butter. Leave aside until bolognaise is ready.
- Prep: Preheat oven to 180c. Chop the onion finely. Crush the garlic. Chop vegetables into bite size pieces.
- In a large chef’s pan, heat a tablespoon coconut oil. Place onion & garlic in pan, cook, stirring, until onion is transparent. Drain & rinse the lentils, add to pan. Add the vegetables & tinned tomatoes, plus ½tsp Herbamare sea salt. Stir & let simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until veges are tender.
- In a large oven proof dish, grease the bottom & sides with butter or coconut oil. Place the lentil bolognaise in first, top with the mashed potato & add grated cheese if using.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.