Vege Rice Loaf
Serves: 12 slices
- 1.5 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 onion
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 large zucchini grated
- 1 large carrot grated
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Gluten free SR flour (Orgran brand is the best I’ve used)
- 2 tsps mixed dried herbs
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Grease and line a loaf tin or muffin tray
- Combine rice, veggies, cheese, herbs and flour in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Add to the rice mixture & combine well. Season with salt & pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes ensuring it is cooked through and lightly browned on top. Let cool in tin for 15 minutes before slicing.
- For school lunches this can be sliced and frozen in individual pieces ready to go straight in the lunch box. It will thaw out by lunch time or keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.